View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Canton Meet and Greet, 11/26/2018

I asked Lindsey if he was keeping the album name “Blue Light.“ I said I asked because Paul Simon has an album coming out entitled “Into the Blue Light.” Feigning anger, he said he would have to change it but that his album wouldn’t be out for a year. (At this point I was stunned, not a whole year. Thinking about it later, I am guessing a summer/fall release. If being an LB fan has taught me anything, it is to be patient).

I noted that it had been 26 years since he re-invented Big Love and he needs to keep challenging himself, perhaps with an acoustic re-working of Family Man. Drew a “hmm, interesting” response.

I said Johnny Stew would be a killer live. LB stated that was an album recorded “under the influence.” Laughing, he told my daughter she probably knows what he was talking about.

My daughter asked him to release the acoustic instrumentals he plays before the show. I enthusiastically encouraged him as well.

Got my Out of the Cradle vinyl album cover signed (my daughter and I strategically got in the back of the line as autographs were being discouraged). I told him that his music has always bonded my daughter and I, especially the OOTC album.

The gals in front of us asked if he had seen the Broadway production of Hamilton. I overheard that he saw it in LA, went in with low expectations but was amazed at the production.