View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 05:08 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
Many people probably know Neil Finn best for 'Don't Dream It's Over' which is a great song, but he's done far more than that, and various music styles.

Mebbe I shouldn't start it again but I wonder if the senior members wish to recognize the band's earlier history in their final tours, or go back to basics a bit, and LB wasn't so keen on it, while Stevie was more agreeable. I think a part of this may be why he's gone, and it's a shame but he can be stubborn. I'm sure there are more reasons than stated in their interview, though they gave hints.

I'm mainly a fan of Buckingham/Nicks era, but I can understand why they may wish to go back to some of the earlier period.

OT and for another thread. But getting back to what they might do - may be interesting how this set list shapes up. I believe Neil is a committed musician and he will give it his best.
I don't want to speculate on Lindsey's opinion, but I can definitely see Stevie being open to doing other things. She genuinely seemed to enjoy "dipping into her trunk of forgotten songs" on her 24K Gold tour (my biggest sadness regarding her tour stops not being near me was missing the chance to see Wild Heart and Bella Donna live), and given that the tour was extended and did good business, I could see her being eager to do some different songs (including pre-B/N era). I imagine performers get tired of doing the same songs all the time...and while the hits are expected, why not throw in some lesser known songs to entertain themselves and the more die-hard fans?

Agree with Oh Well being a definite; though someone in some thread suggested maybe Neil *and* Stevie sing it...I think that could be interesting. Would like to hear Station Man too. I think there's a good chance at Black Magic Woman...and I'll hold out hope for Why until someone sees a setlist and it's not on it.