View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Peter Green's other 59 Les Paul

Hi, Folks
Peter Green had another late 50's sunburst, bought for him by Mick Fleetwood in the late 70's. Peter had the choice of 3 killer Les Pauls and he picked one with a replacement neck. That guitar is pictured in Martin Celmins PG autobiography.Peter supposedly really loved that guitar because it was just like his old one, but later gave it to a homeless man in an elevator. Mick Fleetwood then recovered the guitar and that's where the story becomes murky. My friend and I went to Lloyds of London's Germany office in 1984 to look and buy 2 guitars, a 52 and a 58 (?) Les Paul that had been recoverd in a police raid and where in the possession of the insurance company. Now, 25 years later I posted pics of them on the Les Paul Forum (www.lespaulforum.com) under "vintage Les Pauls-recognize these beauties? and got a great response. My friend's guitar is that guitar, formerly owned by Peter Green.I am trying to find out what happened after Mick Fleetwood got it back from the pawnshop in LA. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Werner