View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Walk A Thin Line! I'll die and miss the rest of the show, lol. I listened to this show earlier and here's what I recall:

Mark Goodman was trying to drill down on which songs were demos for FM and which weren't--quite a few questions about when this, when that. It sounded like Chris said she wasn't playing at all on Lay Down For Free but Lindsey was talking at the same time. Chris was asked to characterize what he's like in the studio and she said "he's a very driven man, very focused, very concentrated, fanatical." Mark noted Lindsey playing drums, bass, keyboards. Red Sun was inspired by Chris watching the sun go down in Africa.
Mark asked if OWTS was written as a love letter to FM and Lindsey says "yeah" then explains the song was cut with John and Mick and it predated the tour in 2013 then was put on the shelf. He mentioned John has a recording studio in his house and would listen to Lindsey's stuff then comment on what he wanted to work on. Chris said she got very emotional when she heard the song "a tear went down my cheek". Lindsey talks about "playing to 3 generations of people at least."