View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Exerpt from a blog about a Ronald Regan BBC Special

Speaking of missing (it’s a tenuous link this, but bear with me) it’s been decades since the last sighting of musician Jeremy Spencer. One day in 1971 he told fellow members of Fleetwood Mac that he was popping out to a Los Angeles bookstore. On the way he met members of the Children of God cult and, according to legend, was never seen again.

Until last night, that is, when he turned up, in rude health, on a BBC 4 documentary about that other Fleetwood Mac casualty, Peter Green. (Actually, I say ‘that other’ casualty, but Fleetwood Mac’s body count is only slightly lower than the Somme’s.)

I was genuinely surprised to see him, having been under the impression that he was still AWOL. But, no, there he was with Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, and a happy trio they appeared to be. Where had he been all these years? Dunno. The programme never told us.

Then again, there probably wasn’t the time. You may be able to cram an overview of Ronald Reagan’s extraordinary life into 90 minutes, but you’d need a couple of weeks to cover the legend of Fleetwood Mac.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/educat...ronald-reagan/