View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I have listened to the Norfolk show and it was incredible. I think she was still playing Enchanted too. Pretty much flawless performance. The Wild Heat Tour was similar to the RAL tour in that some nights were good some were bad and others were a disaster. It happened more frequently during RAL but it definitely happened during Wild Heart. I think she was aware how out of control she was during RAL and was living it up because she knew rehab was coming. In 1983 she was not aware how she was spiraling out of control. But both tours are problems and both were filmed professionally. RAL they overdubbed and did facial close ups patched over. In 1983 she was beautiful but you could tell she was so high so I imagine that is why her Largo show was never commercially released.
There's 2 pro shot videos for Wild Heart Tour. To me, the Largo show is just too dark, The lighting is just not right for a professional recording, but the performance is fine. The US Fest is much better and there are some high quality transfers of that full show. I always crack up when she runs across the stage and jumps over an amp (?). There are other times when she sends the security into full-on panic mode. I never witnessed anything like that at the shows that I went to. It was such a big show with a large crowd I think she got caught up in the moment and spent too much time in the tent backstage.