View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I think it's a mistake to equate Christine's dislike/hatred of touring (i.e. travelling) with some sort of dislike/fear of performing. I've seen her in concert a handful of times, and watched plenty of FM/Christine clips, and it always looks like she's enjoying performing. I honestly think it's the grind of all that travel that she abhorred.
While I definitely agree that she clearly hated the grind of touring, she has also said in one of the ITM interviews that being onstage made her "feel a little dizzy under the lights", though probably not to the extent that the drudgery of touring and living out of a suitcase does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Another thing that baffles me is the idea that a "tour" would have to be a multi-continent, year-long slog. Plenty of bands do short tours. Three or four cities, a week on the road. Done. If it worked, three months later, do it again. Couldn't they abandon their delusions of grandeur and act like a normal group of five musicians? (Speaking of which, wouldn't it be sweet if they told the backing musicians and vocalists to go away, and did a show, just the five of them, but I suppose that's an impossibility.)
Tell that to Mick. Actually I wish for even like four or five shows of just the five of them performing their hearts out.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie