View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
And don't forget those beautiful harmonies! I'd just love to see them doing this together, the way they did "Say you love me" on The Dance, all of them lined up in the front of the stage, looking happy .
And they came back and did Farmer's Daughter the same way. So beautiful. A lovely way to end things, only I blame Ms. Perfect for not telling me it was the end, so I could have acted accordingly.

It reminds me of a passage in Wicked when all the college friends are having a post-funeral gathering: good food, drink and company. Abundant laughter. And the narrator says if they had known that it would be the last time they'd all be together, maybe they would have lingered a little longer over dinner. It gave me a chill to read that and it put me in mourning, even though nothing bad had happened in the book yet and the characters didn't suspect how their futures would divide them.

Of course, the RRHOF was the real ending for FM. And much later in Wicked, when the little girl, Nor, asks if the witch ever returned, the mother says, "Not yet." That's what I will say of FM: not yet.

Michele