View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Newsflash: This forum was designed to be a place for Fans of Fleetwood Mac and all of its members to come and converse. This includes Stevie Nicks.

If you don't like hearing other peoples adverse opinions on Stevie Nicks or any other member of Fleetwood Mac, that is your problem. Not a problem of this board.

What really killed this forum is fans who have this expectation to come to this forum and not see varying viewpoints or disagreements.

Bottom line - don't show up to a forum that is about a band, consisting of 5 members if you don't want to see varying opinions expressed about any one of them.

At this point there is probably more discussion about the poor state of this place than negative comments about Stevie or anyone else by people who simply refuse to use features like their own capacity to ignore or use the block button.

Also, there's no need for anyone to announce why they don't post here anymore or why they left. What exactly is the point? Come out of the woodwork to complain and pile onto more of the same? OK.

There is no sign on the front door of this forum that says "only positive posts about stevie nicks allowed" nor should there ever be. Anyone who can't accept that is completely unrealistic. People will say things you either don't like or disagree with. That's life.

Can we move on now?
You've clearly missed the point entirely and seem to think I'm NOT a fan of all members of Fleetwood Mac - including pre-1975! Well you're wrong.

Historically, there has always been a balanced view of all the members on here. But in recent years, even before the recent split, the Stevie-bashing has increased. And now it's just ridiculous. These days, you could start a thread asking for toilet paper recomendations on here and it would turn into a Stevie hate fest within 5 posts! It amazes me that people who call themselves fans of this band and it's members, knowing their history and knowing their personal difficulties, drama's, exaggerations etc, that so called fans STILL think the current state of Fleetwood Mac is so one-sided.

I may not agree with Stevie's behaviour towards Lindsey, but I'm not stupid enough to believe it was completely one-sided. It's just one more over-blown drama in a 50 year history of over-blown drama's. And whatever went on between these 2 band members has no impact on how much I enjoy their music and haven't felt the need at any point to personally attack Stevie, Lindsey or any other member of the band.

This is meant to be a FAN forum, not a hate filled bitch fest about ANY of it's members, which is what it has become.