View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 05:44 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
Ledgies killed The Ledge.

This is meant to be a fan forum. Why would people who still love the music and still call themselves a fan visit this forum if all that happens is the slagging off of one of it's most successful and most revered members?

I know die hard Lindsey fans who sick of the Stevie bashing just as much as the Stevie fans. There hasn't been a thread here for years that hasn't turned into it "lets all slag off Stevie" fest. And people are tired of it so have gone elsehwere. Some of the Facebook groups are little powerhouses at the moment and great to be a part of.

It's almost like a huge chunk of ledgies can't seperate their personal opinions of a certain band members actions from the music that they once loved. I mean none of us know the truth of what happened, really. I don't necessarily agree with what went on from what we know so far, but equally I know Lindsey is no saint and this band has always been associated with drama, fall outs, affairs, line up changes, scandals and bitching - and that was before anybody even heard of Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks!
That's why I stopped posting/participating. I get however that it's up to the people who manage the site how they wish to run it so I just left and went to other forums. I just think perhaps a clearer notice for people considering signing up in future may be helpful, as it looks like people are registering again. Is this still a forum that represents the overall Fleetwood Mac community or just Lindsey's input and his solo career? Because with his illness etc I don't think it's going back to Rumours 5 again anytime soon. Perhaps a slight chance of Buckingham McVie, that's all I can see. It doesn't really seem a fan friendly environment for new people considering joining up who are still interested in current formation of the band.

I helped someone else join up here after the split (when it seemed like registration was being restricted) and I thought that person understood that feelings here were a bit sensitive. I knew they really were a bona fide long term Fleetwood Mac fan including Lindsey Buckingham. I was therefore disappointed to see that they subsequently started trying to push their views or their will in the main forum to 'defend' the new lineup. I didn't necessarily disagree with their views but my feelings are if you don't like the way a community is run and you're not heavily involved in administering it then you cut your losses and seek out some place else. So that was something I regret and wouldn't try again, I apologize for it happening and any disruption it may have caused. I just told others who were still trying to sign up here I probably wouldn't recommend anyhow because may not be the best place for them at any rate and maybe they should look at something else.

My view but I know others feel different. I've seen other fan forums with long histories sadly shut down over things like this but I actually hope this one doesn't for the sake of the history that has been kept here, that would be sad to lose. Even if it doesn't offer anything for me personally at present.

That's how I felt towards the end but not continuing in this discussion, for reasons stated above...

ETA: goodness! I can sometimes be critical of members of the band. None of them are beyond that and they all have their flaws including Lindsey. He's still my fave guitar player but I realize the legacy of the band extends beyond him and I don't feel it's all been destroyed. They have now perhaps the best writing team than any other time in history and people who rank up there with the world's greatest musicians, just age and time maybe now working against them. If people think Stevie is so terrible they shouldn't have missed her on the Buckingham McVie album/tour. On the last official FM tour I was already prepared for it probably being the farewell of the original Rumours lineup because none getting any younger and as it turns out Lindsey's health would not have been strong enough for this tour anyhow. But really, instead of complaining about how others have turned being negative about the rest of the band into a full-time hobby I prefer to go somewhere else and focus on what's positive about what's perhaps the final tour and the band's 50 year legacy. So with that...

Last edited by Missy; 04-26-2019 at 06:35 PM.. Reason: Gone fishing! Get right back to it folks!