Thread: Say You Will
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2020, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like Say You Will. It's not on my Top 5 of FM albums, but I like it. I found it at a great moment in my life so it has its respects.
Unfortunately, there's a moment where the album is too long to me, where I lose the notion of what I'm hearing, and it's in the middle of the album. Anyway, there's a lot of songs that deserve a good attention.
- What's The World Coming To is a nice piece. I like it as a beginning.
- Murrow is hard to hear. I like it because of the Soundstage version, but the guitar of the studio version sounds a bit creepy haha
- Illume is maybe my favourite. The "dark" of its sound is great. And the best, it's a long song. A nice work of Stevie Nicks.
- Come and Bleed To Love Her are other songs that sounded better live, but are great to hear them on the album.
- I don't like Say Goodbye at all. It goes to fast, and the guitar sounds really different. Once again, Soundstage rules.
- Steal Your Heart Away is simply wonderful, sweet and a great moment of Say You Will.
- After Illume, Destiny Rules and Everybody Finds Out are the best works of Nicks.
- Red Rover is amazing. But Lindsey put the style of the song in all his next solo albums...

My Top 5 of songs would be:

1) Illume
2) Steal Your Heart Away
3) What's The World Coming To
4) Bleed To Love Her
5) Destiny Rules

Of course, I missed Christine!

Mark.