View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

54 and 1/2 years old. Rumours was released when I was 13, and it was the first album of any type that I owned. I played it endlessly. Was somewhat confused with Tusk, but learned to love it. Mirage, loved some of the songs, and then when Tango came along, fell head over heals in love again.

Rumours was the soundtrack to my teen years. I can remember being at the lake for the summers, and all the older (and super cool) water skiing team members would play this album endlessly, and I thought they were so amazing. We would all dance on the dock, on the rocks, in the boat....in the hot summer sun and just have fun. It was the 70's, and people were still in hippie mode. The Eagles were big, Hotel California was the only thing played besides FM. It was just such a cool time, when life was warm and easy.

I first heard Tango in it's entirety during a 7 day sailboat race, a summer holiday in 1987. Again, the sun, the water, the people and the music were all a heady combo. Probably the cocktails helped too. It was like I was transported back to my young teenage years when there were no worries or cares. Now I was a university educated human, working away, so going back to the teen years and the love of FM was like an escape. Lindsey leaving before the tour was disappointing, very, but it was his decision and I wasn't in the income earning level to attend many concerts.

My first child was born in July 1997, and watching TV in the middle of some night that fall, I stumbled upon The Dance on PBS. I was spellbound, and could barely function. So tired, yet soooooo in love with the feeling this band brought out in me. Somewhat suffering from postpartum, this band revitalized me and made me feel those wonderful carefree feelings again. I cried as I watched Stevie sing to Lindsey in SS. My heart beat for both of them, and I remember thinking months later, after watching numerous times......"Man, I wouldn't want to be his girlfriend, he and Stevie are so in love."

This band has meant so much to me, triggers such wonderful memories for me.....that's why I was so devastated by this mess with Lindsey. No one can experience my experiences my way, no one can ever have the memories I have, nor would I expect anyone to, but this is why I get defensive when someone tells me to "Get over it!" in terms of Lindsey's firing. It just hurts too much because I am greedy, and I want to live those memories over and over again at new concerts with the 5 of them. Man, I'm still pissed every time I think of it.

Last edited by lovethemac1; 06-21-2018 at 04:19 PM..