View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I tried answering your post on my mobile and it was a royal pain in the bum, but I'm not going to go back so I'll just post it as it is.....
Firstly, Mick's comment was a joke. It's very British. He was very much taking the piss. Second, the band DID change the vision for it, and everyone but Lindsey was on board with that, i.e. he wanted a double album and everyone else felt it should be a single album. Lindsey fought hard for his vision and they pushed back. That isn't just Stevie. Mick is in the documentary saying he agrees with his manager's opinion that the album shouldn't be Lindsey's vision. That's why Lindsey is seen saying he feels betrayed and like he doesn't have an ally in the band at that point.

I don't know about this last one. Seeing what he did with Chris's songs on the BuckVie record doesn't give me great confidence this would really be the case.
Mick will always agree with any opinion that will result in more money. has nothing to do with whether or not he agrees with vision. he may love the art and creating, but money always ends up being his main motivator.

other than Feel About You, i'm not sure what other Chris' song on BuckVie you are talking about? FAY seems to be the only song Lindsey heavily changed from her "rough". she heavily changed 2 of his. and they all tried different ways of Carnival and decided to go with a slower bluesier one.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"