View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I've never been one who has given a damn about celebrity deaths- after all, I don't know these people. But something about Joan's sudden illness and unexpected death has just put me into a real funk. In her own way, Joan was an advocate for repressed people everywhere. She was a pioneer of making fun of absolutely everything & everyone. In that manner, she showed us how alike we all really are- despite the different headings we use to segregate ourselves.

I think the thing that I lament most about her death is that the woman was just a fierce pitbull. Who is going to call out all of the assholes of the world on their BS now? Nobody is as fearless as Joan, and nobody could get the press' attention like her, either. The world just seems like a darker, more vulnerable place without her in it. Like Sarah Silverman said- she wasn't done yet! I feel like she had so many battles left to fight, so many taboo topics to broach which people really need to talk about. We've definitely lost a giant with her.
I agree with everything you say here. Thank you.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.