View Single Post
Old 07-23-2002, 02:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Besides disagreeing in general to ALL the reviews, I have specific points to rebut....

Quote:
NicksFan: they had yet to establish themselves in the United States until they released the more pop oriented "Fleetwood Mac" in 1975
They emigrated to the US in early 1974, renegotiated their contract with the record company, filed litigation in a California District Court, recorded an album, "Heroes Are Hard To Find", and toured extensively for the second half of 1974...if that wasn't "establishing themselves", then you'll have to DEFINE...or should I say, REdefine the word "establish". Bob Welch was the first American to join Fleetwood Mac, in 1971, so, please, explain to me how you get that Fleetwood Mac was a UK band until 1975?

Quote:
NicksFan: When the original band broke up with departure of Lindsey in 1987 and Stevie in 1993...

Nothing irks me more than inaccuracies like this...ESPECIALLY when it's been pointed out that there were prior incarnations within the same post!

And I don't give a rat's a** if you think I'm overly picky or not, but A) the "original band" broke up when Peter Green left in 1970. FACT, indisputable; and 2) Stevie left in 1990, not 1993

Quote:
NicksFan: "Time" crashed and burned with no one noticing ...
"No one"??? I recall some SERIOUS (and in some cases, downright HOSTILE) discussion here on the ORIGINAL Ledges, the FM newsgroups, other message boards around "webland", regarding the "Time" album, it's merits, it's downsides, and some of the reasons (non-musical related) for it's lack of sales. Furthermore, it DID sell around 20-25,000 copies; plus, there were close to 30-35,000 people at the concert I was at in October 1994 and they, for the most part, seemed to be enjoying the show quite a bit, from what I recall. And, let's not forget that Lindsey's MASTERwerk "Out Of The Cradle" was considered a "bomb"; Stevie's "Street Angel", too.

Quote:
NicksFan: ..however one of my favourites “Seven Wonders” is missing from the collection...
Then buy the UK version...it has "Seven Wonders" on it.

Last edited by chiliD; 07-23-2002 at 02:52 AM..