View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 08:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
this has got to STOP. what is above is NOT a speculation. Rick Turner has no reason to make up stuff. he told us what happened.

there is more to the backstory though - "him or me" came from several separate sources - but you are right, it has not been shared publicly.

(sorry, the gotta STOP part is not to you specifically, i'm just so tired of fans saying it, when confronted with facts.)
I accept what Rick Turner said, and that wasn't the speculation I was referring to. His explanation makes 100% sense, and I'm sure it's true, we just don't know specifically how everything went down, of course.

We all (subconsciously?) tend to make assumptions based on, I think, which band member we like the most (or which one we dislike the most). That's the only explanation I can think of for some of the speculation going on. If someone is already frustrated or angry with Stevie because she wouldn't record with FM, then it seems they blame Stevie for Lindsey leaving. She's always wanted the band for herself, they say. If someone loves Christine, then she's considered an innocent bystander who is only touring with FM because of some contract she can't get out of. If someone loves Stevie, then Lindsey was fired because of some alleged physical or emotional abuse he did to her 40 years ago.

Fans are scrambling, trying to understand how and why this could happen, and that's leading to a whole lotta speculation, much of it unpleasant. Elle has kept her head pretty clear, and she is probably the most vocal LB fan here, and others could take a lesson. She's clearly hurt and angry and upset, but she's not saying nasty things about other members or calling them names.