View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: There are good people in this world.....

Quote:
Originally posted by greatdarkwing
OK, I just had to tell you guys this story....It happened two days ago, and I was blown away by it...

My grandmother's brother is in Cuba, he recently had a stroke, and is now blind because of complications....mind you, he just turned 97...Well, he needs a wheelchair to get around, but of course, Cuba doesn't give these types of things to the ones who need them (most of these items are considered objects of "wealth" and are only given to communist loyalist anyways).

So, my grandmother's cousin is going to Cuba, and offered to take a wheelchair if she could get one. So, my grandma went to the Medical Supplies store with me...and asked the guy for a standard wheelchair and the price was $700. Well, my grandma agreed, and the guy asked for what purpose...so my grandmother told him the whole story....by the end of the story, he took my grandmother by the hand, with tears in his eyes, and told her she was not going to pay a penny for the wheelchair, and gave it to us for free. Of course, my grandmother and I got very emotional, and thanked the man repeatedly...I dont think he'll ever know how much that act of kindness touched my whole family.

The only reason I posted this post, is because I wanted to share with you that great actions are made everyday, and I just experienced one....Hope this makes your day a little brighter...

~Alex
That...was awesome.

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller