View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I thought she might let rip like she did on the Dance GDW. But agreed re the 2013 version - I was all geared up to love it, and actually ended up much preferring her overlong weird GDW on that tour.
If it wasn't for her RIDICULOUS dance, the long extended Gold Dust Woman is actually pretty cool. I love the jam and I don't even mind the "can you see me now" stuff she does. But that horrible dance. That should NEVER have been done outside of her house.

And I thought she nailed Gold Dust Woman in that '97-2000 period. I even like the version she did at the Sheryl Crow concert in 1999. Her vocals were on point. But then Rhiannon at the same time was like a big old turd.

Sisters 2013-14 wasn't BAD. Some people here just panned the whole thing as horrifying. I didn't think it was bad at all and I did see a lot of similarities in arrangement to the album version, but I also think the appeal of playing Sisters live for the super fans was the longing for what was on that video from 1982 and to a lesser extent from the Tusk Tour. It just rocked out at a different level the way that it was arranged and how she sung it. In order for it to work live, it needed to be energized and the way they did it was just flat. Also, it's location in the middle of the set didn't really lend to it being the all out rocker that it was in 1978-82 during the encore.