View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Age Range: 20

When you became a fan: From the time I was in the womb, due to my father repeatedly forcing my mother to listen to FM with him while she was pregnant

How you became a fan: See above - I was raised on FM

First 3 FM songs: I have no idea, since I've listened to them since I was a baby. I think the first one I can actually remember listening to is Sara.

First FM vocalist: see above

Favorite FM Time Period: The White Album through Tango in the Night. Pretty much anything, actually, with the exception of Time (it just feels wrong to me having a woman other than Stevie or Chris in the group)

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: Ugh this is too hard. Probably 50% Chris, 35% Stevie, and 15% Lindsey

Concerts you've attended: I've seen them twice on the Say You Will Tour (St. Paul on 6/19 and Philadelphia on 9/28), once on the Unleashed Tour (3/3 in St. Paul). I also saw Stevie during the Dreams tour (7/06 in Minneapolis).

FM stuff you own: Oh dearie me...hmm...I have all studio albums and compilations on CD, all the studio albums and some miscellaneous singles on vinyl, The Classic Albums of Rumours on DVD, Live in Boston on DVD, The Dance on both DVD and VHS, Tango in Night on both DVD and VHS, Mirage Tour Concert on VHS, 16 or so different books (I'm not sure how many there are total...), quite a few old magazines, probably enough posters to wallpaper the house (okay maybe not that many), autographed picture of Stevie signed personally to me...several vintage T-shirts (and new ones)...ugh, probably more that I can't remember. I won't even name the solo albums I have and which format, because I already have a headache from trying to think of all that stuff...

Favorite thing about FM: Well the music, of course I guess I also love how timeless they seem to be, both the music and as a band. I love that camaraderie that you see between them on videos and such (although in your mind you know that they're constantly fighting). I love how awesome they all seem as people. There just so cool, all around.

Least favorite thing about FM: I hate hearing about the fighting and how miserable some people were touring and recording, and how bad the drug use was - just all the negative stuff. I don't dislike them for it; I just wish it didn't have to happen like that. No one wants the people they look up to to be miserable, do they? Hearing about Christine having panic attacks is another thing that just kills me -I myself have panic disorder and a lot of anxiety/phobias. I know how horrible panic attacks are. I really love Chris with all my heart and I hate that she had to go through something so horrid. Poor thing. Anyhow, the drugs and fighting shaped a lot of the music they through the years though, so maybe I don't wish it had ever happened. Hmm. I don't like Chris being gone, either.

Are you the same fan you were when you started:
Seeing as I started as a fan at a very young age, definitely not. A lot of that is just growing up and learning what things mean, though - understanding something in the lyrics you were too young to get before, an epiphany about the meaning of a song, that sort of thing. I also took an interest in learning about the band itself and the members, instead of just listening to the music (then again, most people do that with bands they love). When I started playing piano and guitar growing up, I could really appreciate a lot of the actual musical things more. I guess for quite awhile as I was growing up, I was also the ever evolving fan. I'm also for more obsessive these days, I suppose

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: Nothing fancy - John, Christine, Mick, Stevie, Lindsey. I've always said that I'd willingly trade the 3 times I've seen Fleetwood Mac live for the chance to see them with Chris just once. In a heartbeat.

You wish for the future of the Mac: I'd DIE for Chris to come back. Also, I guess I'd really just want them to keep making albums, plus touring every so often would be nice too. As long as they're happy and enjoying it.

Last edited by kick.inside; 04-12-2011 at 05:50 PM.. Reason: Kept looking around the room noticing FM stuff I own that I forgot to list!