View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 12:17 AM
Ledgie

Age Range: 22

When you became a fan: 2006

How you became a fan: Interestingly enough I found two songs from Future Games and two from Bare Trees ('Danny's Chant' and 'Bare Trees', I think for FG it was 'Woman of a Thousand Years and 'Sands of Time') on a blog from a guy who found them in his parent's basement and had to share their beauty. Though I had remembered listening to Mac with my parents (they had the Dance) and I raided my parents stuff and found The Dance on CD. I then got Tusk and Rumours and seeked out the Welch and Kirwan stuff as soon as I could whilst grooving on I'm So Afraid, The Chain, Tusk, Sweet Girl, Dreams, etc. Songs I didn't even know I knew!

First 3 FM songs: I guess it was Bare Trees that sealed the deal. And the other Kirwan selections, Danny's Chant and Woman of 1000 Years. Odd, that.

First FM vocalist: Kirwan

Favorite FM Time Period: Really, it'd be 69-87, but I'll narrow it down a bit and go '71-'79. But if it's more line-up specific I'll give up and go with the FM/Rumours/Tusk trifecta.

Vocalist breakdown by percentage: That's tough. I'd say 40% Lindsey 30% Christine 30% Stevie

Concerts you've attended: none. I'll get out now.

FM stuff you own: Don't have any posters or t-shirts, but I got the whole collection on CD and some sweet vinyl finds. I've been off and on buying Mac related tunes to groove to for five years and just today I got Buckingham Nicks on vinyl (I had some not so great bootleg CD copy before that) and I'm Not Me for $3 and then In the Skies with an alternate Canadian pressing cover for $20 some odd dollars.

Favorite thing about FM: Mostly the guitarists. Green, Kirwan, Buck, Welch. Every era had something sweet going on sonically. Except Behind the Mask maybe. I also love the honest lyrics and there's just a mysterious quality that the songwriters in this band seem to possess. Maybe that's why they've all gone off the deep end at one point or another. Save for Christine and Bob and some of the more pedestrain members (Billy, etc.). Stevie with the witchcraft imagery, Bob with the aliens, Peter's later stuff.

Least favorite thing about FM: The fact that most of my friends know I like them but they don't know there's more to them then the songs they play in the grocery stores (GYOW).

Most of them can't be bothered to know more either when I try and show them. There's a couple exceptions. But a lot of people just think pop, like Abba or the Eagles... when really the rhythms are so different for pop music even on the most mainstream singles...

Are you the same fan your where when you started: Well, I dumbfound my mother and my best friend with random Mac facts sometimes.

Your all time "dream" lineup that won't ever happen: A young healthy Kirwan, a willing Christine, Lindsey/Stevie, Green and John and Mick.

You wish for the future of the Mac: Just to see them live this year.