View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Junior Ledgie

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment...ng-to-the-Bowl

glenno #1 11:24 am Aug 22 2009
I'll be there only if Christine McVie is on keyboards, and the chances of that are about zilch, sadly.

lynnie #2 11:27 am Aug 22 2009
Oh Heck Yes I will be going

Athene #3 11:41 am Aug 22 2009
What about Christie McVie. Come on people, if your going to name the members why not name all of them?

suz #4 11:47 am Aug 22 2009
I would love to be able to go, but I probably won't be able to

Tim #5 12:22 pm Aug 22 2009
ARGH!!! Same day as Green Day. Gutted.

Would be there for sure otherwise.

Mikey #6 12:36 pm Aug 22 2009
Christine has retired, sadly. After many approaches she has always declined all offers to perform with the band again. Sorry guys.

glenno #7 12:54 pm Aug 22 2009
Most Fleetwood Mac fans will go to this concert to hear the songs from the Rumours album era, from the late 70s. The reported line-up for this tour is 80% of the line-up from that era. If you google the song-list for the tour, you'll see they are being true to the 70s era fans. The 5th member, Christine McVie kept the bluesy sound to the Mac, with both her superb keyboard playing and smokey vocals. This helped Mick Fleetwood and John McVie anchor the sound that they are most famous for. Sure Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks probably 'saved' Fleetwood Mac, however without the cornerstone three of the 70s line-up, Rumours would not have happened. Christine McVie has retired from concert appearances, although she has not discounted studio work with the Mac. She also recorded her solo album "In The Meantime", in 2004. Of the still-growing number of people to go through Fleetwood Mac (Daughter of Delany & Bonnie - Bekka Bramlett!) the only others of note are long gone - Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer. Christine, you're a "Songbird".

Chris #8 12:59 pm Aug 22 2009
I'll be there with bells on. Sadly Christine isn't part of the tour but then she retired in 1998. People should respect that, but bear in mind they will still get a stunning concert with the remaining members of the "classic" line up. I saw them in Vegas in May this year and they were in top form but they kept the spirit of Christine in their set list as well as a few surprises which will no doubt be lapped up by fans.

Stuart #9 01:06 pm Aug 22 2009
I was all set to go but have already booked to be away for Xmas. How can a big band like The Mac play one concert at the Bowl anyway?

steve #10 01:43 pm Aug 22 2009
Definitely! And as a TSB customer, I can get an exclusive early bird deal! Who would have thought that I could see Elton John, Fleetwood Mac, Dire Straits, Santana, Cliff and The Shadows (can't - sold out)and all within walking distance of home! No Auckland cost-a-fortune, drama getting back and forth to the venue here! Eat yer heart out Tauranga, Hamilton and Palmerston North. Not to mention Boyracerville, Wellie and Auckland. New Plymouth rocks!

Ad Feedback JP #11 01:44 pm Aug 22 2009
Athene, Christine's not mentioned because she retired from the band in 1998. Fleetwood Mac are now a 4-piece.

Brent #12 02:00 pm Aug 22 2009
I don't think Christine is touring anymore, so sadly I will not be going without her (just not the same).

I am surprised that Stevie Nicks is touring as she was known to say that she would not tour as part of Fleetwood Mac again without Christine.

E #13 02:20 pm Aug 22 2009
I will definatly be there.. im mid 20's and the mac rocks.

glenno #14 03:48 pm Aug 22 2009
....and something I omitted to say earlier...the photo's a dodgy, isn't it?

tony #15 05:21 pm Aug 22 2009
YAY...Stevie coming to my hometown, New Plymouth the best Place to be!!!!

Peter McLean #16 09:07 pm Aug 22 2009
Saw Fleetwood Mac in Brisbane 2004. They played for 2 and a half hour the whole concert! The best shoe I have ever been to!!! Linsay Buckingham one of the mst talented musicians I have ever seen. You Should see this.

criddles #17 11:59 pm Aug 22 2009
OOOW Hell Yeah its about time!!!! I have waiting ever since i was 18 now im 26 cannot wait!!

Kiwigirl #18 04:53 am Aug 23 2009
I live in Canada and saw them in Vancouver in May. I've waited 20 years and they did not disappoint! Stevie and Lindsay are awesome, and Mick still wows me on the drums. John as always reliable and fantastic on the guitar. The fact Christine is not there is not the end of the world, not that I wouldn't have wanted the original 5. If you can get to see this show, you will not be disappointed.

Nicci Hunt #19 05:35 am Aug 23 2009
My mate saw them here in Dallas, & loved them, said it was one of the best concerts she had been too, & she's been to a lot!. Will be flying into Auckland from Dallas on the 18th of Dec...& will be at the concert in the great Naki

Brett #20 09:31 am Aug 23 2009
Got our Cliff and Shadows tickets, will definitely be in this as well. No need to eat our heart out Steve, only a 3 hour nice relaxing drive from PN, on some of the best roads in the country. You are rightly proud of the Bowl, saw Mark Knopfler there a couple of years ago outstanding venue and ourstanding show. Fleetwood Mac are still are great band even without Christine.

Ad Feedback Duncan #21 10:31 am Aug 24 2009
I'd go if it was the Peter Green era Fleetwood Mac.

Ian #22 03:38 pm Aug 24 2009
New Plymouth sucks. It really really sucks.

TW #23 11:49 am Aug 25 2009
I'm so going! With my parents But it's going to be so awesome! Grew up to the Mac playing in the car on the way to summer holidays, and they are just amazing. Christine McVie will be missed, but I relish the chance to see Stevie (nearly got named Stevie, dad's dream!) live, missed her last concert. I'm so excited!!! And totally affordable too. Go New Plymouth for being such an awesome venue!

Kay #24 02:47 pm Aug 25 2009
We'll be coming from Melbourne, so seeing Fleetwood Mac twice!!

Nathalie B #25 05:18 am Aug 26 2009
We will have at least 3 cars full from Hawkes Bay for this! Great pricing too at $120 for such an amazing band. Why can't The Mission get it's act together to get the kind of artists the little Naki seems to be attracting?