View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013, 06:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Yep I'm in agreement concerning those two ITM songs; both lovely and restrained.
I also agree that Lindsey would have to sacrifice the number of tracks he has on the next Mac album, but I believe Christine contributes majorly to arrangement and production ideas. Whilst Lindsey may be appreciative of these contributions on one level, it will also intrude upon his vision and overall creative control (even if he enjoys the process and outcome).
But except for SYW, it's not as if Lindsey has had any experience working without Christine in the studio within Fleetwood Mac and I don't even think SYW was a 100% exception. I have to believe that SYHA and BTLH were served to us yet again on SYW because of Christine's contributions and not just her voice on the chorus, because we can only hear her faintly there, but because those songs were kind of structured with her keyboard in mind, even for Lindsey's solo album and that's how they got on SYW, because of Christine. To me, because of Warner Bros. or whomever, he's always had to work with Christine, sometimes even when she wasn't there.

Now if he envisioned something closer to BN for the next go round, then yes I can see what you mean that his plans will have to change, because I don't think that will be happening with Christine's return. But who knows if it was ever going to happen anyway.

As for Christine's songs, when she says she's getting back to her seventies sound, I don't even know what that means. Does she mean that her new songs are somehow different than her Meantime songs were? Because aren't Friend and You Are trying for that same sound? In the audio clip it almost sounded as if she was saying she's returning to a form she had abandoned, but I don't know what distinction she was trying to make. Except for Time, since the seventies, when did her sound change to an extent that she thinks she has to revert?

Maybe that comment was code for: "My new songs have a place for harmonies, from voices other than my own. Good harmonies not whatever it was my nephew did to Bad Journey."

Michele