View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLight77 View Post
I think Stevie's frustration and unhappiness with life can be cured by looking to a higher power. When I heard that she "moves from situation to situation like a ghost" it made me very sad. Something is missing in her life. Maybe it's spiritual help.
The verses of Moonlight are actually "Lady From The Mountain" which was written in like 1974, so I doubt that's how she's feeling now.

Quote:
Stevie should have released the Melbourne concert with the Symphony Orchestra on dvd.
The reason the Melbourne DVD was never release has nothing to do with her performance, and purely on the fact that Stevie had botox too close to the concert and it's VERY noticeable - she can barely move her face.

Quote:
It makes me cry almost when I go to the store and see her cds on display and I see the Crystal Visions cd and the picture of her from the 80's on it...and know that the songs are her greatest hits...again. Wouldn't it be so cool if that cd with her picture from the 80's had some piano demos on it? Or other rarities? Instead, it has Talk to Me and Stand Back, again. So many people don't know about Stevie's gems and I think that's sad.
Not sure what songs you expect on a Greatest Hits package. Personally, I'll never tire of "Stand Back" or "Talk To Me" and I have no problem with GH albums, I just wish she'd shake up her live set and add some of those "Greatest Hits" back in. "Rooms on Fire" and "Whole Lotta Trouble" haven't been performed since 2000 and "Talk To Me" hasn't been performed since 1994, yet non-hits like "Enchanted" and "How Still My Love" (not that I don't LOVE those songs) and an abundance of cover songs that she doesn't need to include are always present - why ignore 1/2 your solo career in your set? I don't get it.

As for "hidden gem" collections, she's NEVER going to release her piano demo's - she's expressed her dislike of the bootleg and demo trading online and will keep as many demo's locked away as she can to dip into in the future, when she can be bothered making another album.

Quote:
I believe also that she is all about the money, unfortunately. I believe after The Dance she saw the fans' demand, realized she could make lots of money, and once she got started she went on for more than 10 years. I think money is very important to her.
Agreed. She'll cash in on ANYTHING. Mick is just the same, hence the constant rehash releases of old material, tour after tour with the same setlist with a 10 year gap between new solo material and NO new Fleetwood Mac album. Where is her desire to create? She's just not interested anymore. Touring with the same sets brings in a LOT of money for something that's easy to do, especially with Fleetwood Mac.