Thread: Nicks McNuggets
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just finished reading Andy Summers' memoir (guitarist for The Police) and writes about when they were starting to get really famous:

"We play at he LA Sports Arena and before the show we hoover up some of Bolivia's finest and play a tight fast set brimming with powdered energy. Stevie Nicks stands at the side of the stage and watches the whole show. As I come offstage I get a note from her asking me to meet her later at the Rainbow, a sleazy rock joint on the Strip that everyone fights to get into-- unless you are a celeb, in which case you walk in with a cool swagger, superior and more important than the proles who hang around outside. LA, Hollywood-- it suddenly seems like a sewer and I miss New York."

Hmmm.... sure sounds like a hook-up to me.... wonder which song he inspired....

He goes on to say that "Cocaine use rages like a white blizzard, and to avoid it, you would need a Band-Aid over your mouth and nose. Wherever we are now, drug dealers leap like genies from the wallpaper. We have power now, fame; and like a magnet, it suck in everyone from celebrities to pushers, all hoping to rub up against the illusion." Imagine then Stevie being surrounded by all this attention and sucking-up from everyone around her as a solo artist rather than just as a member of FM. The band at least had a few people like John Courage who kept an eye one who was around the band and acted as a gate-keeper to weed out some of the hangers-on. Solo, because she was the boss, I don't think she controlled things so much or tolerated being told what to do.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 01-27-2017 at 12:14 AM..