Thread: Duet vs duo
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Off in e mail land I commented to Skip how sad it was for you that you did not like the first 2 singles. Reminds me of being so disappointed in most of SN's TISL when it came out after such a long wait for new music. As fans we really need to love our artist's new songs, you know?

I agree with you more than her statement. Most of us really want to Love these songs, IMO also.
aww that's very sweet of you, although completely unnecessary!

i'll admit that i'm [somewhat] dissaapointed with what we heard so far but cynical realist in me expected this may happen. i did know that these songs he was writing starting in 2012 were "fleetwood mac-y" as he said, and not anything like his solo songs. but this is much much more light pop than fleetwood macy can be. considering these songs started from the same 2012 sessions, i expected them to be more like Sad Angel instead of much lighter than Miss Fantasy. but i'll live!

in fact, before Seeds We Sow came out i was kinda feeling as you describe, in line with your statement "after such a long wait for new music. As fans we really need to love our artist's new songs" - which i actually understand but completely disagree with. before Seeds came out i did feel that he has lost his ability to write a great hook after the 90s and all those fantastic GOS1 songs. early 2000s he was writing some songs with verses that i loved but choruses that i absoilutely hated (musically) and couldn't stand. or boring hooks like Love Runs Deeper, in line but still much better than IMW is. but then Seeds came out, with its truckloads of songs with great and interesting hooks, and after that i'll never anymore worry about his ability to write a great song. he's just using "different sides of his pallette" (for lack of a better expression) in different projects. This is 40 is absolutely different from Seeds stuff, and both of those are completely different from this new music coming out. so i'll be always looking in anticipation for his next music and next steps he does, and there's absolutely no need for me to love everything he throws out!

when and if i don't like Lindsey's new songs, there are plenty of other bands, artists and newly released songs out there that i do love. they don't have to be Lindsey's.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"