View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 02:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, it was a rumor at the time of SYW, but none of the principles ever discussed it like this. This seems like something a lot more concrete than 2003.

Chili mentioned it a few days ago and now this . . .

I'm sure this is exactly what Mick was talking about earlier as being very exciting news about FM. Even during the UTS tour, Lindsey mentioned that they might double bill with someone. And now, I wonder if it was Stevie's plan all along as well. When she said she didn't like touring without Christine, she knew that Christine would never tour again, so was she only saying that to lay the groundwork for Sheryl and make Lindsey accept the idea that he had to agree that Sheryl would join the band, if he wanted to tour at all?

You know, I was hoping that some members of the band would gang up on the others, but this is not exactly what I had planned. I wanted the 3 guys to go to England and . . . I'm not happy with the shift of balance and leveraging power Sheryl's presence will cause in band interactions.

Still, in one sense this is good news because it increases the chance that we definitely WILL see FM next year. I do dread having to merge Crow's songs into the FM setlist. Let her come on first, sing her stuff and then return to the stage with FM and sing ONLY FM songs.

I always laughed at that old interview where Stevie said that John and Mick loved Sheryl and added that Lindsey really liked her a lot too. It just seemed amusing to me that she did make the distinction between Lindsey liking her and the others LOVING her.

Boy, this idea has me both excited happy and excited distressed at the same time.

What are the odds that we can get some new music if Sheryl is in the mix? Sheryl is not at the stage where she wants to sit around and play 30 year old songs for two hours, so maybe her presence there will force a new album or at least 3 new songs (one from each songwriter). In that sense, Lindsey will have won a little too.

Wow, if this happens, Sheryl's inclusion would bring a shift of balance that I really feel disadvantages my team in the end, but better this than no FM at all.

So much to ponder.

Michele