View Single Post
Old 08-27-2022, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
But Fleetwood Mac fans are odd (aren't we all though). They never got into new songs. Believe it or not but the fans were not into the Rumours album early in the tour and they scaled back many new songs. The fans were not that much into new Tusk songs either. I've heard Stevie, Chris and I think Lindsey say they learned early on not to perform many new songs live while promoting an album. Save them for the next tour when the fans "know" them better.
Can you imagine Bruce saying this? His fans would know every new song he played.
We on this board are the exception. If my dream setlist was played, half the arena would walk out. I also think this is the reason why Isn't it Midnight, Storms, and Hypnotized were dropped from the last tour. While each is a great song, the band could see the empty stares and blank faces. We know the rarity of playing these great songs and the band felt the same way. Unfortunately the "fans" did not feel the same way.
Bruce would say this is what we’re playing and you’re going to listen to it. I saw Bruce in Buffalo at the end of his 2009 tour when he was doing full albums inside every set list. He played his first album that night - Greetings from Asbury Park. Very few popular songs on that one.

It’s the lack of variation in the songs. The lack of interesting arrangements from tour to tour. Even Lindsey the artist - his solos haven’t had any nuance or tour specific sound in years. It’s lather rinse repeat. And the lack of any sort of interesting theme aside from “heres those same songs again.”