View Single Post
Old 08-27-2022, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Spot on. I just wish their live performances were more interesting. Do some type of album gimmick vs. releasing an album. The Eagles Hotel California performances were incredible. Would it be better if Glenn was still alive or with Felder there? Of course. Nonetheless, they at least did SOMETHING to establish a unique element for the tour they've now been doing for a few years.

I follow the Stones pretty thoroughly and their fans complain non stop about the boring setlists and the fact that once you hear the beginning to You Can't Always Get What You Want, you know the rest of the show. That said, 60 years in, they put a song into the set this year that they've never played before. Played a new song at nearly every show that was released in 2020. And still manage to make adjustments (even if it's just 1-2 songs) to their set every single show.

A reunited Rumours 5 has no purpose anymore. Even for me, I don't even get the appeal despite my being a fan of this band for decades. Another regurgitation of Chain/Dreams/YMLF/Rhiannon/SHN/Tusk/Landslide/Big Love/SYLM/GDW/ISA/Gypsy/YMLF/GYOW/World Turning/Don't Stop? With worse voices? Even slower tempos? And a phony "setting aside" of the drama from 2018? Are Stevie and Lindsey going to kiss? They missed the opportunity to put a bow on the band and go out with any dignity. I don't think there's motivation for the band anymore nor for the fans.
But Fleetwood Mac fans are odd (aren't we all though). They never got into new songs. Believe it or not but the fans were not into the Rumours album early in the tour and they scaled back many new songs. The fans were not that much into new Tusk songs either. I've heard Stevie, Chris and I think Lindsey say they learned early on not to perform many new songs live while promoting an album. Save them for the next tour when the fans "know" them better.
Can you imagine Bruce saying this? His fans would know every new song he played.
We on this board are the exception. If my dream setlist was played, half the arena would walk out. I also think this is the reason why Isn't it Midnight, Storms, and Hypnotized were dropped from the last tour. While each is a great song, the band could see the empty stares and blank faces. We know the rarity of playing these great songs and the band felt the same way. Unfortunately the "fans" did not feel the same way.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-27-2022 at 03:00 PM..