View Single Post
Old 08-27-2022, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She's sounded like that for awhile now. IMHO she's actually doing pretty good for her age but I fear age is going to change things for her shortly. Jon Bon Jovi and Don Dokken literally cant tour anymore because they cant sing period anymore. Bon Jovi pipes in lead vocals to save Jon and boy is he rough otherwise. I give Stevie props for never piping in vocals (at least no one has ever alleged that). Her concerts are 100% live which is a very rare thing these days.
From what I have heard of JBJ's shows on his tour earlier this year, he ain't even close to piping in enough. His voice is shot and even with keys lowered he can't hit any notes. It's not even so much the ability to sing in key as much as I heard several instances of him using extremely weird phrasing and seemingly unable to keep up with the song. Honestly it was sad and this is coming from an 80's baby who is the first one old man jumping at a wedding when Living on a Prayer comes on.

Agree that as much as I find nauseating about Stevie, her desire to keep the shows as natural as possible (even if it means a million people on stage) is refreshing.