View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's kind of hard to imagine what sort of touring band Christine is imagining without John, Stevie and one would have to assume Lindsey. I can just imagine him guffawing "Mick who?" when the telephone call came.

Christine doesn't seem that keen about it all either, and she's probably wisely aware of her declining performing abilities. She's 77, so that's ok. So that would leave Mick, Neil and Mike (assuming the latter two could be bothered and you would have to wonder why if they were), a presumably session man non-member bass player and errm, Bekka Bramlett, perhaps?

What would be the point? A Macless Mac? "It's a new version of our very lovely band Fleetwood Mac," said Fleetwood from his Hawaii home, in a June 2022 press release "we sound great together and I know we will go out and play all the old hits for our fans..."

He might as well just go out with his drums and a karaoke machine for the rest of the band. They had a chance of a graceful, and perhaps glorious exit if that final album could have materialised. Instead old anno domini and animus got the collective better of them.

In reality, I think Christine is gently telling everyone it's over. It's just as well.

Last edited by Mr Scarrott; 02-11-2021 at 06:59 PM..