View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Fleetwood Mac has already said no more large tours. Given Christine will be 78 and the virus has delayed any plans they had by at least a year and a half, it’s hard to imagine we’ll see much, if anything, from Fleetwood Mac again. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but it’s unlikely.
78 is the new 50. President is 78, Jagger's 78, Bab's is 78, Debbie Harry and Patti Smith are up there too. I do recall hearing Christine may have arthritis though. She can shake the maracas.
Just expanding on Fleetwood Mac plans, I think Stevie told them in December 2019 that she needed two years away from FM to do her Rhiannon series and another solo tour (per Campbell). I still think FM would come out to do new entertainment facility openings but I doubt an album would happen ever again. Neil seems devoted to solidifying the new lineup of CH and Mike really wants Dirty Knobs to do the starting group bus tour and work their way up to bigger rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Mending fences is in their mutual interests. Mick is a drummer whose band likely played its last show and Lindsey is an artist who would greatly benefit from having the “Fleetwood” brand associated with his new music. The difference in album and concert ticket sales between “Lindsey Buckingham” and “Fleetwood Buckingham” (for example) would be significant.
I agree. I also think a tour called Mick Fleetwood Band and Lindsey Buckingham would not only be a delicious treat, but would generate more hype than just Mick Fleetwood (Blues) Band feat. Rick Vito In Concert at the Belly Up or An Evening with Lindsey Buckingham at Town Hall would.

*I'm not sure if Rick Vito gets mentioned in a marquee way when he's with MFBB but he's not on the cover of my Blue Again cd that Mick signed for me at Barnes and Noble.