View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I used to hate Only Over You and Mystified. I love them now.

Storms still blows goats, though.

No, not that one.
If I cant get you to appreciate and love Oh Daddy then it would be impossible for Storms. Oh Daddy is a musical track masterpiece. Storms is a lyrical poem. Each are different. In fact Storms is a perfect example track of Tusk as an album. Its not catchy pop songs. The song starts out sounding like a demo as if the guitar is already playing and someone just hits the record button. Over produced as some say or under produced as some say? The guitar is very solemn as to not take away from the solemn singing. The first 10 years I heard the song I never had any interest in it and thought of it as a wasted track. Stevie's Behind the Music segment from 1999 featured the song and it made me finally go back and appreciate it. Its clearly about Mick, a secret and deep love that she finally sets free. Its very deep and very personal. The emotion comes from the lyrics. I have always loved one of the final lines "I have never ever been a blue calm sea, I have always been a storm." That my friend is poetry at its best. Yes the song is boring to the casual listener. The Mac actually took it out of their live set because the audience was obviously not into it. It comes from a very emotional place. As I said, its very solemn and its all lyrics and mood. If you are looking for a catchy chorus, this is not it. But that's pretty much every song on Tusk. IMHO its made to sound like a demo to keep its passion. What she has to say should be sung like this.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-07-2020 at 05:40 PM..