View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I am pretty sure SC has loads of cash as she does not seem to live any kind of opulent lifestyle. In fact. didn't Stevie say that SC had a tiny place in NYC. Granted, that likely was still a million dollars -- but someone of her stature could easily afford this Brobdingnagian nest (which I want BTW) -

Also, I think SC, like most artists realize money is made only on the road now. I mean she may sell a million records, but that hardly matches a 20 city tour at $50,000+ a show plus the merch. rev.
I think she moved to Nashville a few years ago. I don't even think one could even find a 3 million dollar house in Nashville!

There's no doubt that she has made tons of money between recordings (for which she receives producer royalties as well as publishing and performing) and the road. But she stands to make a lot more money with FM.

I know it's off topic, but did you hear about the looming foreclosure of Aretha Franklin's mansion in Detroit due to $19K worth of outstanding property taxes? The house is supposedly worth $700K, which... to be honest, doesn't seem like a lot of money for a star of Ms. Franklin's stature. I mean, WTF? That might get you an older handyman special one bedroom coop in NYC. If you're lucky. I know she probably got screwed over by Motown, and she hasn't received much in the way of publishing, but she has cranked out a ton of hit records over the decades. But then again, she doesn't tour very much due to her refusal to fly (not that she would exactly fit in one of the seats these days ). I dunno... it just seems odd that I am a complete nobody and my house is worth more than the Queen of Soul's...