View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I remember I read somewhere when Mick talked about that period in the 90s after Time when he and John broke up the band, he was saying how it was such a bad time for him and then (conveniently) who was the person he decided to reach out to? Lindsey!
Except the timeline doesn’t check out. Disregarding that Lindsey made a cameo on “Time,” it was initially announced in Feb. 1996, four months after “Time” was released, that Mick was working on Lindsey’s album. I actually learned from Dave Mason’s bass player about the breakup of Fleetwood Mac on March 30, 1996 and broke it to the FM online community. And, about six weeks later, “Twisted” came out. It was a crazy whirlwind.

In any event let’s not completely lose perspective, here. Yes, Fleetwood Mac opened for CSN and did that tour with REO Speedwagon and Pat Benatar (all PRIOR to FM having an album out), but let’s not pretend that a guy who’s last big gig was opening for Tina Turner (for an album for which he made three videos and tour behind) somehow magically, selflessly rode in on his white horse to save Fleetwood Mac. They needed each other equally, and Stevie, too. The only way they could go forward was getting back together.

THE Stephen Hopkins