View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 06:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairydust75 View Post
Just how hard does Stevie want to work anymore???
Stevie has been working her 60+ yr old arse off pretty much non-stop since the end of the 2009 Mac tour. She has been more productive than ever. A new solo album, solo tours, the Rod Stewart thang, lots of IYD 's promotion, AI, Oprah, Ellen, Sound City Players, ect...
As far as her relationship w/ Mick:
I think its funny that when Lindsey wants to quit the band or doesn't want them to bother him for three years ...its ok...
Christine retires.....wants to be left alone...its ok...
Stevie wants to extend her solo promotion of IYD 's....Mick wines like a B....and starts w/ the guilt trip....its not ok..

Stevie said she had to have a sit down w / Mick about the Playboy article .....So, I definitely think that their relationship suffered..in 2009 he was her BFF....2013???? not so much. But, this isn't the first time Mick has ruffled her feathers...they seem to have moved on like all the times before. Mick has said and done worse to her over thee years. Mick and a lot of others, don't give Stevie the same amount of respect as Chris and Lindsey.

I think at the most, we could get one more Mac album...but Stevie is probably going to jump back into her solo career ...time is not on her side. She still has a lot she wants to say thru her music...She doesn't want to dedicate the time it would take to record a Mac album and not be happy with how her songs turn out, like w/SYW.
The bolded part really resonated with me. I feel sorry for Stevie. She loves music, loves her job, loves the privilege of being able to connect with her audience, does lots of charity work, supports her fans. For feck's sake she is the most hardworking of the quartet that is Fleetwood Mac in 2013. And she has had to suffer through so much crap just because apparently she's a flake or a princess or whatever and IT's NOT true. She is a mature, seasoned professional musician. That's right, Lindsey. Stevie Nicks is NOT just "a great singer" [Lindsey commented in an interview: "We're a band of three musicians and a great singer."]

Look, yes, Stevie only plays the piano, keyboards and tambourine/percussion to an intermediate level. She's not a virtuoso musician like Lindsey or Mick or John. So what? She has better creative vision than Mick or John and her songs are equally as enjoyable if not better than Lindsey's [on average].

So that's the end of my rant. Why is it okay for the three boys/men to whinge, bitch, complain etc but when a woman stands up for herself and creates great music and works her butt off she never gets any credit? Just quietly I'm a man, but I think women as people deserve equal recognition for their work when it is of quality.

Lindsey is an excellent guitarist. I love You Do or You Don't, Bleed to Love Her, Steal Your Heart Away, Trouble, End of Time, Stars are Crazy...and many others. Miss Fantasy is my favourite song of 2013. It tells a great albeit only somewhat true/half true STORY, that song does. Lyrically AND musically.

But...give this great, generous woman called Stephanie Lynn Nicks credit for her work. Not just credit in $$$ but credit in recognising her as an outstanding poet and musician who gave us the music for Rhiannon. I am aware the bass line sounds awful in John's eyes. But that's life. You get paid $4 million per tour you can put up with playing crappy bass lines, you can relax and just go with the flow and enjoy it because your fans [ie: customers will thank you for it!]

And I was annoyed with John McVie when I watched the New Orleans Jazz Fest concert vid for Gypsy online. You could tell everyone else was enjoying themselves but he looked angry, frustrated or bored (or a combination of all three).

Entertainers are there to entertain. If they have fun we have fun. It's actually part of their job ...... anyways....that's enough ranting and raving.

ETA: Let us call him Mick the Dick. Affectionately. Not meanly. He says stupid offensive things without realising he's hurting people...not just Stevie....

Last edited by secret love; 08-20-2013 at 06:42 AM..