View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Well I have just downloaded the new album Crazy All The Time from CD Baby - only seems to be available in MP3 format right now, but it is a couple of days before it is supposed to be released, so we can't complain!

I'm a little bit disappointed (and that is hard for me to admit) that there are several songs we have already heard on here.

Firstly there is Hard Headed Woman from the Walking Underwater album, there is Floreen from the Mostly Sonny album, and while other songs are effectively new, several of them have been available on the myspace page for a while (and yes I stole them off there so I only have myself to blame I guess).

Now I can forgive the myspace ones but I find it hard to forgive the songs that are from his previous two albums. I know Dave isn't a prolific song writer but I'd really like some NEW songs not recycled ones in a slightly different version!

Having said all that, the songs are, of course, totally brilliant. I guess you can't complain too much when you are talking about such a voice and talent.

Complaining would be like saying "Hey Jesus you performed that same miracle last week, how about something original"
Ugh! Is DW becoming (like the other Dave) "Mason-ized"?

So HHW & Floreen are the same VERSIONS from those albums?

Oh man, like you say it's good to get some new tracks so I'll keep my eyes peeled there for the disc version, but I hope he isn't also going down Mick's road of milking everything, trying to get us to buy a whole CD for one song each time...

John