View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...P=share_btn_tw

Lindsey Buckingham parts ways with Fleetwood Mac before tou
The longstanding member will be replaced by the Tom Petty guitarist Mike Campbell and Crowded House’s Neil Finn

Guardian music

@guardianmusic
Mon 9 Apr 2018 16.34 EDT Last modified on Mon 9 Apr 2018 17.58 EDT
View more sharing options
Shares
Lindsey Buckingham.
Lindsey Buckingham. Photograph: Cindy Ord/Getty Images
Lindsey Buckingham has parted ways with Fleetwood Mac months before they are scheduled to embark on a live tour.

In a statement, the band announced: “Lindsey Buckingham will not be performing with the band on this tour. The band wishes Lindsey all the best.”

Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham: ‘I said to Christine, ‘You can’t leave again’
Read more
It’s been revealed that Buckingham will be replaced on tour by the Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell and Crowded House’s Neil Finn. “Fleetwood Mac has always been about an amazing collection of songs that are performed with a unique blend of talents,” Mick Fleetwood said. “We jammed with Mike and Neil and the chemistry really worked and let the band realize that this is the right combination to go forward with in Fleetwood Mac style. We know we have something new, yet it’s got the unmistakable Mac sound.”

Finn said in a statement: “Two weeks ago I received a wonderful invitation to be a part of a truly great band. A few days later I was standing in a room playing music with Fleetwood Mac. It felt fresh and exciting, so many great songs, a spectacular rhythm section and two of the greatest voices ever. Best of all, we sounded good together. It was a natural fit. I can’t wait to play.”

The band’s Facebook page has since changed its profile image from one of the band to an illustrated picture.

Fleetwood Mac in 1975: John McVie, Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, and Lindsey Buckingham.
Facebook Twitter Pinterest
Fleetwood Mac in 1975: John McVie, Christine McVie, Stevie Nicks, Mick Fleetwood and Lindsey Buckingham. Photograph: Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images
Buckingham originally joined the band in 1975 and played with them until 1987. In this incarnation, featuring Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Christine McVie and Stevie Nicks, they released 1977’s Rumors. The album sold over 40mcopies. Buckingham rejoined the band in 1997 and last year released a duet album with McVie.

His most recent performance with the band was during a concert in January honoring Fleetwood Mac as MusiCares Person of the Year. The Fleetwood Mac tour is to start in June. Last week, the band re-entered the US charts with Dreams after it was used in a meme.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"