View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I haven't changed the point at all. First you were talking about the Tusk album being a huge success and now you're talking about the Tusk tour, giving him lots of exposure, with the tour being a lot different than the album. But now that you've told me you're talking about the looong Tusk tour and not the Tusk album, there's certainly no pattern there, as he cut short the Mirage tour and didn't participate in the Tango tour, so if he used the Tusk tour to help his solo album the first time, he sure didn't do it the next times.

You never identified the point as being that the closer he released a record to an FM album, the better the record sold. That's something you just decided to say. Whether his solo albums would sell more closer to FM releases is hard to say, because he never made a habit of releasing solo albums on the heels of FM releases or tours. Law and Order was the closest he got to doing so and then he never made an album as close to FM (the Tusk tour ending) as Law and Order was again.

But maybe he can remedy that lapse for the first time, this time around and test your theory, by trying to release his solo album in the middle of the Sheryl Crow/FM mania.

Michele

Good Lord - The Tusk record sold well by any rationale standard as did the tour. That gave him exposure. If you can't see that, then I think any further posts are useless because you will never see it. And, I have consistently in this and other threads talked about the records and tours together as one big period of time. So, don't try to say I did not

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 04-15-2008 at 04:40 PM..