View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
so interesting to see these interpretations of the experience juxtaposed - one from a fan who is self-admittedly cult Nicks (see her quote at the top of this post) vs Nancy and the girls in the podcast who sound like all around FM fans.

poor Nicks fan just "had to" be energetic, dance, sing and enjoy their favorite band's show. it's a hardship! while FM (and LB) fans enjoyed the experience because dancing and singing and interacting with the band just may have been what they came for - considering it's a rock concert! as these girls in podcast said, it was about having energy upfront, vs people getting wasted or falling asleep in front of the stage. (yes, it was sloppily executed, and i still read tons of people complaining about it, but many huge fans got to get to the stage this way on OWTS tour.)

if you knew what you were doing and you managed to get upfront, it was easy to move to Nicks side if that's where you wanted to be. and if you somehow got stuck on Nicks side, you could always move to Lindsey's side where all the fun and action was, if that's what you were into.

tons of fans got their albums signed and got to chat with LB, and he made it the experience of their lives, at least judging by all excited social media posts from these shows. if you wanted to listen to Stevie's long stories instead you could always do that. nobody was "making you" annoy her.
Not sure what your issue is here. First of all, I like Lindsey just fine and enjoyed seeing him play every night. Second of all, I never said it was a chore. I said that we were brought up on the condition that we would dance/sing/liven it up. That’s not an assumption, those are the literal words that were told to us night after night when we were ushered into a little line to the front. We certainly didn’t mind having fun with him and would’ve been singing/dancing anyway. It was a fun experience and Lindsey was a great guy to us. We had many sweet conversations. Once he even made funny faces to me all throughout Silver Springs because he could see I was getting emotional and wanted to cheer me up. The next night he turned to me before that song and said “Don’t cry again!” which made us all laugh. It was a ton of fun and I have no complaints. I simply said it was a funny situation to be in. Knowing we originally were there to see Stevie and instead spent most of the tour annoying her. I think everybody else on here easily understood what I was saying and saw the humor in it. You’re just a little touchy, huh?