View Single Post
Old 01-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
I guess I could be president if I wanted to... I've never so much as smoked a cigarette (let alone pot), I've never taken an illegal drug of any kind, and I've never driven while drunk. In fact, I've never even been drunk.

I thoroughly agree that there are worse things in life... that Clinton once found himself holding a joint (if that's all he did with it) was never something that I personally had a problem with.

My problem is with the conservatives and Republicans who did make an issue out of it, while now turning a blind-eye to various things Dubya has done, that are... in my opinion... much worse.
And that's not some kind of liberal bias... I feel that it's VERY wrong to drive while intoxicated. I don't care if "everyone has done it," or not... it's irresponsible to risk the lives of other people, simply because you don't know when to say "when."
Agreed. I look at it this way...alcohol has been responsilbe for more deaths then any drug (unless you count nicotine). What has pot been responsible for?? Increased orders at the local pizza shop?

I say legalize pot. Control it and tax it like cigarettes.

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller