View Single Post
Old 01-09-2004, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob67
Well I guess that means that 75% of the people I went to college with will never be president!

There are worse things in life....
I guess I could be president if I wanted to... I've never so much as smoked a cigarette (let alone pot), I've never taken an illegal drug of any kind, and I've never driven while drunk. In fact, I've never even been drunk.

I thoroughly agree that there are worse things in life... that Clinton once found himself holding a joint (if that's all he did with it) was never something that I personally had a problem with.

My problem is with the conservatives and Republicans who did make an issue out of it, while now turning a blind-eye to various things Dubya has done, that are... in my opinion... much worse.
And that's not some kind of liberal bias... I feel that it's VERY wrong to drive while intoxicated. I don't care if "everyone has done it," or not... it's irresponsible to risk the lives of other people, simply because you don't know when to say "when."