View Single Post
Old 03-30-2019, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie Nicks - Stand Back (Single CD Release)

Got the single CD version of Stand back yesterday. Great songs but poorly put together. The credits are very wrong as it listens nearly everything as being a single version. Here is the real deal:
1. Edge of Seventeen – appears to be a new edit at 4’34 as the US edit was 4’05 and the UK edit was 3’36. This “new” edit restores a refrain that was cut out of the single versions (probably at Stevie’s request)
2. Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around (actually is the LP Version)
3. Leather and Lace – this is the 3’32 edit that was on the original 7″ singles
4. Rooms on Fire (Listed as US Single Version but it’s actually the LP Version)
5. Stand Back – this is the actual single version
6. If Anyone Falls – listed as single version, but it’s the LP Version. I don’t recall there even being a “Single Version”.
7. Talk To Me (listed as single version but it’s the LP Version)
8. I Can’t Wait (this is the actual single remix, first time on an official Stevie compilation)
Everything else on the CD except “Maybe Love” which is the radio mix, is the standard album version. The two live songs are taken from the concert shown in the 1982 video “Stevie Nicks in Concert”.

This is a cheaply made release, no liner notes, just a couple of pics and credits. Tracks are in chronological order except for the strange placement of “Rooms on Fire” and the unnecessary live tracks.