View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
That’s not how that works. The artists have a minimum that they’ll play for when they’re shopping around for shows and the promoters who take on the shows offer guarantees to the band. So, let’s say that Christine‘s people set the amount at $25K, and a promoter from a city decides to offer them $30K. The tour would get no less than that $30K. The band can make more, but there’s a set minimum they’ll make. Also, the opening act gets paid a fixed rate. The band I worked for gave the opening act $250 a show.

So, the promoter probably lost his ass on the show. Christine and the band got their guarantee. What probably hurt was not getting much merch money, but that’s not money you can bank on.
Oh please Steve OMG
Dont want to debate you on nonsense. For the love of God, please stop trying to prove everyone wrong every second of your day.
Her solo tour was not commercially successful and was not even breaking even on many nights. Tours make money Steve. Ticket sales and merchandising are huge. When you don't have crowds, you don't make money.
My point remains. Kudos for Chris not cancelling these gigs.