View Single Post
Old 09-04-2004, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default No Vote Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up
I adore the song. But I feel the need to punnish the vote-off's of That's All For Everyone and especially Not That Funny. That was shameful friends.
Dude, I didn't vote against "That's All For Everyone" OR "Not That Funny," and yet you're punishing me by voting against "Sara."

I'm glad "Sara" lasted longer this time around, but it's sadly still obvious that the song has no chance of lasting, since people are still voting against it out of spite. In my mind, it's beyond obvious that it's the best overall song on the album... musically, lyrically, production-wise, vocally, etc.
Which, of course, made it such a huge target.

It's funny that everyone's ranting and raving about how important it is to show support for Lindsey's risk-taking spirit on this album, while simultaneously admitting that Stevie's songs were brilliant.
Well, where's the Stevie love then? Is a brilliant song not worth saving? Or do we only reward theory rather than execution?
Tsk-tsk.

I guess I should have done that alliance thing to save it, but I just hated to vote for other favorites while trying to save another favorite. *sighs*
But I think after this round, I'm throwing "principles" out the door! I'm going to pick one favorite to push through to the end, and everything else is fair game.

Ah well... may "Sara" forever haunt each and every one of you who voted against her.