View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I saw the Mirage tour on September 15, 1982 at The Worcester Centrum. I had floor seats in the second row, second section not the front section. The seats sucked but what was to happen later that night made up for it.

To be totally honest I don’t remember much about the show so I am going to fast forward to what happened after the show.
I was 17 at the time and it was my dream to get to meet Stevie. I went with a friend and her brother and we decided to wait at one of the stage doors after the show. There were a few other fans hanging there too and we had a pretty good time chatting. After about an hour a few people walk by us and go “we met Fleetwood Mac” and we were all like yeah OK whatever. So they proceed to tell us that a door that goes backstage is unlocked. So, the group of us that had been waiting went over to that door and sure enough it opened and we walked right in! No security at all. I guess since it was only the second show at the Centrum that security was a bit lax.
Anyway has we walked in a certain someone was walking to their limo. Yep, Stevie Nicks walked right by us! So, I express my disappointment to my friend and she suggests that I call her so I did. I yell out “Stevie Nicks” and she stops and turns around.
So now I have to go up to her and I am totally freaking out. My friend goes up to her first and just says that she thinks the show was great and that she was a great singer, blah blah and Stevie just kept saying “thank you.” So while this exchange is happened I am trying to rack my brain for something intelligent to say to Stevie. Uh didn’t happen. I wanted Stevie to know that I liked her a lot more than my friend did so I grabbed Stevie’s arm and tell her “I love you!” to which she replied “I love you, too.” So now a few of the other people who walked in with us proclaimed “I love you, Stevie!” So Stevie says, “ oh I love everyone, really I do!”
Now Stevie is at her limo and she gets in and one of the fans asks Stevie for an autograph and Stevie replys “oh I don’t know if they’ll let me do this” while she is looking all around like she is going to be in serious trouble if she does this. I found that part to be very odd. So, Stevie takes the small notebook and pen from the girl and everyone sort of yells out their names. Stevie starts signing and flipping the pages like a maniac. Stevie gives the girl back the notebook and we get our autographs. I got something that starts with a “P” but I don’t think it says “Pattie” oh well. LOL
Stevie’s limo drives away and Stevie makes the stuffed animals she received wave bye bye to us. LOL After Stevie left a few others said that Christine had already left a while ago. I don’t know if any of the guys were still there but I really didn’t care. I only had an interest in Stevie at the time and it was already very late.
So that was my meeting Stevie story. I forgot to add that Stevie had her hair up in a black top hat with a yellow scarf around it and her hair looked very damaged. She had on a black shiny top and a black mini skirt with fish net nylons and high heeled open toe black shoes. She looked hot but she was high as a kite and being young I didn’t understand. I was excited to get to meet her but the drug part sort of made me have a little less love for her. I knew she was rather promiscuous which didn’t really bother me (unless it was with a married man) but being a drug addict I thought was the lowest. I got over it because everyone in rock and roll was on drugs and I figured at least Stevie was nice to us and probably a nice person.