View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 12:44 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Yeah, this. Honestly I’d pay to watch her sit in a rocking chair knitting a sweater on stage I’ve never really given a **** what she (or anyone else in her age group) sounds like during live shows. With me, it’s kind of like when my kid draws me a picture. I don’t actually care if it’s a good picture. I just immediately smile and hang it on the fridge. I love every picture because I love her. And I think of old ass icons the same way. Just thrilled to have the chance to be in the presence of someone who means a lot to me, since they won’t be here forever.
I love what you said. I decided on Saturday to drive from Florida to New Orleans to catch this show. I was not disappointed. Like this post, I am just so happy to be in her presence. It takes me away to another place and just totally relaxes me. Now, in hindsight, I hate that I started my leaving during the Edge thinking that would be the last song. I loved everything about the show and will go again if she comes anywhere near me. She did join Wild Heart and Bella Donna and briefly mentioned the shawl at the end of the song. I don't know how many people were there-I feel upwards of 50K and everyone seemed to really be into the show. She looked amazing and sounded amazing, in my opinion. Just so happy for the chance to see her again. This is probably my 100th time seeing her (just kidding but probably close) and I can close my eyes and imagine the high kicks and wild dancing of her younger days, but that voice also just takes me away.

Last edited by gjack5404; 05-09-2022 at 12:50 PM..