View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
You don’t have to hate to say that, it’s your opinion. So don’t go to her concerts or watch her live videos on YouTube, and problem solved. Then let the other folks who want to spend money go see her and enjoy themselves, just like they do with Dolly Parton, The Rolling Stones, Phil Collins, Loretta Lynn, Crystal Gayle, and any other singer who’s in their 70s but still performing. I mean, if Abba toured again, I’d go and see them, knowing perfectly well it wouldn’t be the same as seeing them live 40 years ago.
Yeah, this. Honestly I’d pay to watch her sit in a rocking chair knitting a sweater on stage I’ve never really given a **** what she (or anyone else in her age group) sounds like during live shows. With me, it’s kind of like when my kid draws me a picture. I don’t actually care if it’s a good picture. I just immediately smile and hang it on the fridge. I love every picture because I love her. And I think of old ass icons the same way. Just thrilled to have the chance to be in the presence of someone who means a lot to me, since they won’t be here forever.