View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Just like many others, I am keen to learn the track-listing for Stevie's upcoming album, but I wonder if it's even been finalised as yet? We know 16 titles were recorded, mixed and mastered for consideration, but I imagine only 13 or 14 might make the final cut, with the remainder possibly turning up as bonus tracks via ITunes/Amazon.com or deluxe editions.
As impatient as I am for details, I guess I need to remember just how quickly this album has come together. I just hope the projected October (not November please!) release eventuates.
16 tracks, or even 14 tracks on vinyl, will require a double album if the pressing is to be of any quality. IYD would have required a double vinyl release as well - but then again - double vinyl is very common these days. If there is a vinyl release, and they try to cram 16 tracks onto a single record, it will be a no-buy for me. More than 44 minutes on vinyl requires sound distortion, which completely defeats the purpose of a quality vinyl release.

I'm hoping for a 16 song CD, and double LP vinyl w/CD release. I do not want to be screwed into buying three copies of this album (CD, deluxe CD and vinyl) so I hope the standard CD/deluxe CD route is completely skipped in favor of all the tracks on a single CD and one 2LP vinyl package. I don't do digital downloads anymore, so I am not particular about what options are in that format.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case