View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This O'Reilly piece had me howling with laughter. I can understand his frustration. I'm an old fart, but I was an old fart at age 14 when I saw Fleetwood Mac play with the Trojan marching band at the Forum in 1979, and I was perturbed that everyone was standing and screaming and carousing. I have felt O'Reilly's seething rage at all the concerts I've been to, and that made me laugh.

Most people obviously like to stand and dance. Don't want to rain on their parade, but I hate it. My solution is to just don't go—watch on PalladiumTV or YouTube.

The problem is exacerbated by the placement of actual chairs on the floor. It's a confusing semiotic signal. Maybe every floor in an arena ought to be standing only or general admission. If you want a seat, buy up in the rafters. The thing about seats is that some people want to use them and some people don't. But why do the people who do, always buy their seat behind the people who don't?

On the other hand, if I were seeing Kool and the Gang blazing through Get Down On It and people were sitting, I'd think they were assholes.

moviekinks.blogspot.com