View Single Post
Old 03-31-2004, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
Nancy, if you're trying to say Lindsey wrote "Wrong" about Bush Sr., why not just say it? You seem to be talking around it and drawing odd conclusions based on feeble evidence. To me it seems pretty clear he wrote it about Mick, and to some extent, about himself.
Actually, no, I don't believe he wrote it about Bush at all. It's Mick alright - could it be more obvious? Piggy in the Middle? Piggy on the Cover? Yet when asked who it was about, Lindsey is mum about Mick. Instead, he gives the "decide for yourself" speech - then "someone told me he thought it was about George Bush." Why bring George in at all?

It also puzzles me that he was reluctant to say it was about Mick to interviewers when he'd left so many blatant clues - for instance, using Mick's chapter names as slams! lol

I think perhaps you are taking this a bit more seriously than I had initially intended it. I am not saying Lindsey has a political agenda first and foremost on his mind. Remember the original context of my statement was that I believed he was a liberal, and this interview was just one indication I listed of that. I contend that someone sympathetic to Bush (conservative) would have hesistated to mention that another person thought "Wrong" was about him. That's just human nature - you want to associate "your guy" with positives. Can you picture Lidnsey saying, "You know, somebody told me they thought that song was about Clinton! Har har!"

I think my assumption was quite logical, based on the above. You don't. So be it. I don't think it's because I'm lacking in the ability to reason, however, or only seeing what I want to see - far from it!